Are you a brand new visitor to Discover Detecting, but really don’t know where to start? Perhaps you’re searching for a particular metal detector model, or you need detecting tips, or you’re interested in local clubs and organizations.
Don’t worry, we’ve got all of your needs covered.
In fact, we’ve broken down our entire site for new visitors like yourself into the following categories:
- Buying a Metal Detector Based on Price
- Buying Based on Experience & Need
- Buying Based on What You’re Hunting
- Buying a Metal Detector Based on Brand
- What Accessories Do I Need?
- Tips for Detecting and Treasure Hunting
- Reviews of Metal Detectors
1. Buying Based on Price:
Interested in buying a new metal detector, but don’t want to go over a specific price point? If so, take a moment to read the following articles:
- What’s the Best Metal Detector Under $200?
- What’s the Best Metal Detector Under $300?
- What’s the Best Metal Detector for the Money?
2. Buying Based on Experience & Needs:
Are you a beginner when it comes to the hobby of metal detecting? Is there a child in your life that you’d like to introduce this hobby to? If so, you might find these articles helpful:
- What’s the Best Metal Detector for a Beginner?
- What’s the Best Kid’s Metal Detector?
- What’s the Best Entry-Level Metal Detector?
3. Buying Based on What You’re Hunting:
Whether you’re hunting for gold, civil war relics, or lost jewelry, these articles should be of great assistance:
- What’s the Best Metal Detector for Finding Gold?
- What’s the Best Metal Detector for Jewelry?
- What’s the Best Metal Detector for Relic Hunter?
- What’s the Best Metal Detector for Coins?
4. Buying Based on Brand:
If you’re looking for a detector made by a specific company, be sure to check out these articles:
5. Buying Based on Environment:
Need a metal detector for the beach? Are you interested in a waterproof metal detector, or one that thrives in salt water? If so, we encourage you to check out the articles listed below:
- What’s the Best Metal Detector for the Beach?
- What’s the Best Salt Water Beach Metal Detector?
- What’s the Best Waterproof Metal Detector?
6. Finding Accessories You Need
You need more than just a metal detector to find buried gems. From pinpointers to headphones and much more, check out all of our articles dedicated to metal detecting accessories:
- 10 Metal Detecting Accessories Needed for Treasure Hunting
- What are the Best Headphones for Metal Detectors?
- What is the Best Metal Detector PinPointer?
7. Tips for Metal Detecting
Come discover some key tips to help your hunts become more successful and efficient:
- 25 Metal Detecting Tips for Beginners
- Are Metal Detecting Clubs Worth Joining?
- Guide to Deep Search Metal Detecting
8. Reviews of Metal Detectors
And finally, we have provided an interactive table below which includes all of the metal detector reviews we have written, as well as other detecting related articles too. This table will be consistently updated whenever we publish new content, so feel free to come back to find new information and reviews:
$ = $99 and below | $ $= $100 to $199 | $$$ = $200 and up
Photo Model Weight Price Rating Specialty
Bounty Hunter Gold Digger 2.2 lbs. $ 4.2/5 7" Weather Resistant Coil
Bounty Hunter Junior 1.5 lbs. $ 4.1/5 Detector for Kids
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver 4 lbs. $$ 4.3/5 8” Waterproof Coil
Bounty Hunter SS2 4 lbs. $$ 4.3/5 8" Concentric Coil
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger 4 lbs. $$ 4.4/5 8" Concentric Coil
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV 4.2 lbs $ 4.3/5 8” Waterproof Coil
Garrett Ace 250 2.7 lbs $$$ 4.5/5 6.5 x 9" ACE coil
Top 10 Detecting Accessories 25 Detecting Tips Best Bounty Hunter Detectors Best Detectors for Jewelry Best Detectors for Kids Best Detectors for the Money Best Detectors for Salt Water Best Garrett Detectors Best Headphones for Detectors Best Pinpointers Best Rated Detectors Best Underwater Detectors Best VLF Detectors Best Waterproof Detectors Detectors for the Beach Detectors for Finding Gold Detectors Under $200 Detectors Under $300 Detectors for Beginner
Detectors for Relic Hunting Entry-Level Detectors Pulse Induction Detectors